Friday, January 7, 2011

Birthday card

This is a belated card to my girlfriend that moved to Sacramento a few months ago. The saying does not show up as well as it could. It says "Honey, you are no spring chicken". I can get away with that, because I am older! lol

The stamp is The Angel Company, the DP and the brads arrived yesterday from a stamping friend. The DP is Cosmo Cricket, from the Nutmeg pad, and the little button brads are from Making Memories. At her little feet are some stickers from my friend, and I do not have the company name for them. I thought that would help to ground her a bit.



Colored with Prismacolor Pencils, and the edges were distressed with A Heidi Swapp distresser, then I aged the DP with Distressed Ink, Rusty Hinge. The flowers are from my stash. Around the chicken, I used a variety to inks rubbed on, to make it less stark.

Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your time.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs, Pat
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Aww . . . so cute, Pat! I love those papers and the bright colors are such fun. Your friend will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card...love the sentiment! :-) Great coloring...your birdie looks like she has attitude!! TFS...and thanks for the kind words on my blog!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another nice chick card, she looks great with flowered paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring chick - spring papers - they go together great and I'm certain she'll get a laugh out of it. Thanks for sharing . . . now, c'mon spring !!

    ReplyDelete