Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lovely Geisha

This lovely Geisha was designed by Jo Prichard in Liverpool, England. She sent a couple of images stamped off for me.

I had a great time with the Geisha. I colored her with Prismacolor pencils, and blended with a blending stump & baby oil. You cannot tell by the picture, but the gold on each side of her headdress is covered with gold Stickles. The band in her hair is covered with Star Dust Stickles.

It did not turn out at all like I had planned! I was reaching for Poppy Red, &  grabbed Process REd, which has more of an pinkish tone, so had to change from the bright red Oragami paper I had out to soft pastels. The papers and flower are from my stash.

I wish Jo well with her stamps. She is a wonderful artist and her images will be available thru Stampattack.

Thanks for the lovely images, Jo! I will do others in a few days.
Hugs, Pat
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Jo is an Awesome artist her blog is full of great makes and her wonderful humour. You have created a beautiful card those coloured pencils sound fab look wonderful here. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of what you've made using my stamp design. It's a really beautiful card. If you send me an email with an image with good resolution I'll get Caz to add it to the gallery on Stampattack's website.
    Sorry to have unnerved you that you were the first to have the images outside UK... It was the other images from my new plate I was referring to... this geisha is a couple of years old so I thought I'd better clarify this before someone else mentions it! However you were the first with the new plate's images.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she'll be happy with the way your card turned out, Pat -- and the pink looks great to me -- maybe it was "fate" telling you this IS the color you needed - LOL. The card looks fabulous to me and the gold and stickles are the perfect "touch" for completion. Great job, Pat -- take a bow (or should that be a curtsey?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to add Pat that if you or anyone reading this submit a tag to TIO
    (details on my side bar) you could win the new Elements of the Orient plate of stamps as Caz is sponsoring it. Not many have entered so it's worth a shot! It closes next Tuesday.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is magnificent, Pat! You certainly did her justice, that's for sure. Wow, you got the American exclusive--you should feel honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness... this card is beautiful... absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete